This is not an exhaustive list of cinema history, it would be impossible to leave out Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's (1958), Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief (1955), Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953) or Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra (1963).
This is a list of my favourite dresses on film after 2000, with the exception of the top of the list, making an entrance was never this memorable!
1. Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface (1983). Costume design by Patricia Norris.
2. Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City (2008). Costume design by Patricia Field.
3. Keira Knightley in Atonement (2007). Costume design by Jacqueline Durran.
4. Audrey Tautou in Coco Avant Chanel (2009). Costume design by Catherine Leterrier.
5. Jennifer Lawrence in Red Sparrow (2018). Costume design by Trish Summerville.
6. Amy Adams in American Hustle (2013). Costume design by Michael Wilkinson.
7. Julianne Moore in A Single Man (2009). Costume design by Arianne Phillips.
8. Blake Lively in The Age of Adaline (2015). Costume design by Angus Strathie.
9. Monica Belucci in Matrix Reloaded (2003). Costume design by Kym Barrett.
10. Penelope Cruz in Blow (2001). Costume design by Mark Bridges.